1. Broken Wing–welp, i can’t find this on amazon, so i have no idea who wrote it. i liked it ok though, i think.
2. Schooled, Gordon Korman- terrific YA novel; made the case against context free homeschooling/isolationism; middle schoolers can suck
3. Bad Little Falls, Doiron–compelling mystery.
4. Butchers Hill –Lippman-re-read that I loved
5. Curse of the Spellmans, Lutz–ditto for this
6. Secret Asset , Stella Rimington–not as good as I thought it would be
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows–obvs a reread.
8. Talking to the dead, Bingham–I liked this a lot. Nice protag.
9. The day is dark–yet another dark mystery in a cold climate. it was fine.
10. The fault in our stars, john green–wonderful (reread, i did a lot of rereads this month!) i wrote about it here: https://booksarepretty.wordpress.com/2013/03/30/the-fault-in-our-stars/
11. A week in winter, Binchy–her last book. wonderful and didnt want to leave
12. Here if you need me, braestrup–a lovely, lovely memoir of a UU chaplain for Maine wardens.reread but not for years.
13. Fearless fourteen, Evanovich–reread I think, i needed something after i finished my book and the kid i nanny was still asleep.
14. Racketeer, grisham–compelling enough.
15. Life after life, Atkinson. really fantastic exploration of how small choices and happenstance add up. i want to write more about this and maybe i will soon!
16. The innocence game, harvey–ok. not great.
17. If you were here, alafair burke–i really like her a lot. this was super compelling, another word i am using too much.
18. Bad monkey, hiassen–not his best but it’s hiassen so obviously it was fun.
19. Shadow tracer, meg gardiner—ever since i read stephen king hyping her years ago i have been addicted. i don’t like her standalones as much as the evan or jo series but i quite liked it despite that. also it was the second cult book i read in as many days. cults, man. always interesting.
20. The woman upstairs, Claire Messud–i really liked this. i know messud gets grief for having an unlikable narrator-but actually, i didn’t find her that unlikable.